OK, Y'all....

While the rest of the world is trying to figure out if Oprah really wears a weave (she says no), or why your cousins minstreled it up to the highest power over some Popeye's for Earth Day (hilarious post!) and for some KFC last week, and why any type of moisture whatsoever is kryptonite to Gary Coleman (see picture above), Ms. Invisible tries to stay sane through the arts, but even I have succumbed a bit. But even as I try to stay afloat these days, please believe that I will never, ever, be as crazy as this chick right here:



Because of the changes I have been navigating, I wanted to be fair and let folks know what is going on. When I started this blog, I compiled a 'Negro Justice League' of bloggers, which consisted of me (of course), Undercover Black Man, Afronerd, PurpleZoe, and Supernegro, with Just Judith as our loyal Gal Friday. Well, two folded up their capes to do wonderful things; Supernegro aka Jeffrey L. Wilson, also a tech writer, went off to write a book, and Undercover Black Man, aka David Mills, just shut down shop to write with David Simon (The Wire) on a new HBO show that was greenlit called "Treme" (watch for it next year, read about it HERE).


Anyhoo, I thought about taking their route. If you want to be strong and leave the blogosphere, it is almost like quitting drugs, honestly. But I am not able to do it cold turkey. I love and enjoy my readers too much, and y'all know I love talking about film too much. So rather than have you guys keep checking for a new post that isn't there, I will be going on hiatus with this blog for an extended period.

Thank you to the readers that have encouraged me to keep it open and not shut down-- specifically the wonderful commenters, those who have started "following" my blog even in the absence of fresh posts, and my amazing brother and sister bloggers--big up to 4 of them who all gave me a "SPLASH AWARD" (yes 3 separate ones! see the award pic above) in the past 2 weeks--Professor Tracey of "Aunt Jemima's Revenge", Ms. Marvalus of "Opinionated Black Woman" and "Conversations With Marva" (who ALWAYS has my back through thick and thin!), and Aaron and Alaine from "A Political Season". All of these bloggers are super-duper intelligent Negroes on every level, so it was quite the honor, to say the least.

But fear not, while I am away from this blog, I will be contributing to another wonderful Black Cinema blog--"Shadow And Act". It is collaboration of me, Tambay Obenson from "The Obenson Report", my beloved Sergio from Ebony/Jet, and my Black Cinema comrades of "Must Love Movies", "Black Film Academy" and "The Black Box Office". Please join us daily over there, because unlike me, there are some overachievers there that actually have the nerve to post more than once a day, every day. Can you imagine?


Keep those martinis flowing... and stay woke! :-)


I WILL be back....until then......SHADOW AND ACT