WOW!!!

Spotted on C&D:

On the heels of announcing that Keke Palmer has been cast as rapper Roxanne Shante in the upcoming film on the Juice Crew called 'The Vapors', blackfilm.com is reporting that the following have also been cast for various roles. Cuba Gooding Jr. will be playing Marley Marl, rapper-actor David Banner will play the part of Biz Markie, Evan Ross will play MC Shan, Jackie Long as Big Daddy Kane, and Idris Elba as Tyrone Williams aka Fly Ty.

Clifton Powell was previously announced as playing the part of hip hop DJ and radio host Mr. Magic. [source]


From IW: Oh. My. God. Please let this be done well...it will be a gift from heaven, tho I think Idris shoulda played Kane.


trivia: my real is roxane (shhhh) and only a project like this would make me reveal that. i heard the "roxanne" song sung to me a million times over....keke palmer represent!