Holee Sh*t!

Not Issac Hayes too! He passed today...damn, is it true about what they say that these things come in 3's? This one has me twisted.

My father used to play an album called "Hot Buttered Soul" when I was a kid, and Isaac had a deep voice that dripped all the things I didn't know about. There was some album cover where he was dressed in a jumpsuit made of chains, bald head shining. I also know he liked to call himself "Black Moses" and would appear in some type of Arabic/biblical head covering. I didn't know what to make of him then (at all), but I know now that he was a mack daddy to the fullest.

R.I.P. Black Moses.


Here is Issac laying his mack hand down with a 6-pack of beer and some KFC. I may be wrong, but I don't think that would really work on any chicks that look like Annazette Chase, but "Truck Turner" is a movie after all:



Update: R&B diva Aretha Franklin said:

"[Hayes was] so musically advanced and timeless in his compositions. He was loved and appreciated by so many. He was an enduring symbol of the struggle of the African-American man and was a shining example of soul at its best."* *

From IW: Agreed.


**spotted on daddybstrong