When Worlds Collide....

Most bloggers live in two worlds, one of the blogosphere, and the one outside of it. How much is spent on one of the other is up to said person, but I have to admit, I worry about some folks. There are those who are on Twitter every single solitary time I log in, and some that I am actually shocked have children or a job, cause they tweet about 20 hours a day. It seems that for a lot of people, the two worlds are in tandem to become one.

Is it a dangerous thing? That is yet to be seen...for me, when True Blood is on, or like last night the Black Blogosphere was tweeting and riding on Republican dickwad Joe Wilson, I felt like I was hanging with some of my greatest homies....it is tremendously fun. But is it more fun than hanging with my friends at the beach? No.

But still, great things can come out of being in a certain circle of writers, observants, intellectuals, and out and out funny fools. While shopping in Ralph's yesterday, I saw a guy who looked very familiar to me---I recognized his face from a blog I read regularly. I stopped him and said "Excuse me, do you have a blog?" He said yes, and I exclaimed "Wonderman! I'm Invisible Woman!" I felt almost exhilarated...I know I probably surprised the sh*t out of him, haha. (btw, he is a very interesting and very smart blogger--you can check him out here)

I am also quite excited at the prospect of doing hood rat film stuff with my blogging sis-star Issa Rae, my partner at Soul Sis-Star Reviews...she moved from NY, and is now in LA. One event that I hope she can make (and any of my fellow Angelinos as well) is The Reel Black Men Film Festival, this Saturday the 12th at 6pm at the Chaplin Theater. Visit The Black Hollywood Education and Resource Center for more info, folkses....it is being moderated by the director of "A Good Day To Be Black And Sexy", Dennis Dortch.