Peaceful Journey, Tupac


Speaking of rappers, it is the birthdate of one iconic rapper, Nas, and yesterday the anniversary of the death of another, Tupac Shakur...

Back in the day, I used to be quite the party girl....pretty much all day and all night. I worked in rap, and that was pretty much the lifestyle anyway-it was very agreeable for me at the time. I just shopped and hung out, and shopped some more.

Anyway, one of the regular hang-outs was Tupac's apartment in Oakland, CA. Day or night, whether he was there or not (he usually was) you could go there and it would always be cool, there were always other people there too. I mean you could go anytime, 24 hours a day. Somebody always had something to drink, and there was always music...sometimes we had too much fun, me and my girl had to pick Pac up off the floor more than once...haha. He even tried to get down with me a couple of times, but I thought he was too young, and he wasn't really my type. Too bad, I could've had great stories to tell the grandkids!

I never get used to what an icon he has become...it's almost like having hung out with Malcolm X. It's weird, but I'm glad so many people felt what he had to say on such a deep level-he was definitely beautiful and special. I never really thought he should have been in that Death Row world, I don't know why he loved it so, but everyone has to make their own choices, yes?

He was a great actor to me, very real and believable, and it's sad that the chance to do more was taken away from him...but such is life. Much love to Tupac and Biggie....