Old School Music Fridays

After writing that mess this morning, I need something to put me back in my ordinarily mellow mood.

I know I might be pushing the limit of "old school" with this one....

While reading Regina's blog this morning, she posted a video by the old school group "A Taste Of Honey". You know "boogie oogie oogie"? She stated that the bassist in the duo was Raphael Saadiq's sister. I have known the Tonys for years (they're from my hometown, Oakland), and never knew that. They have a huge family, most of them musically talented...amazing.

Anyway, it got me to thinking about them. And I've been thinking about Ms. Badu ever since her CD came out on Tuesday. This combines them both, with the ultimate homage to "old school hip-hop music". I absolutely adore this song and video in every way (way more than the movie it came from). Please excuse the beginning--it was the only clear embeddable version I could find. Check it.




1. Quick 2. Regina 3. Cassandra 4. Chocl8t 5. MarvalusOne 6. AJ 7. Rosemarie 8. Marcus LANGFORD 9. Lisa C 10. Kreative Talk 11. LaShonda 12. mrsgrapevine 13. sHaE-sHaE