The Hardest Working Man In Show Business.....


I joke about how Samuel Jackson is in every movie that hits the screen, but he has nothing on Clifton Powell, who has made thirty-seven movies since 2000--from "Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles" to "Ray". I won't even tell you how many he made in the 20th century.

This man, though I have seen him a million times, remains an enigma to me. He will appear in a film that looks like it was funded by the 99 cent store without blinking, and appear in huge productions the next day. I am still convinced he never sleeps. Did you know he was born in Liberia? Africans, like West Indians, can hold down 5 jobs at a time.....(I kid, I kid!)

side note: an associate of mine tried to argue with me for months that this dude was Big Daddy Kane back in the day