Yet Another Dramatic Role For Halle Berry


Halle Berry will be starring in the upcoming "Tulia". According to Stereohyped:

Berry will portray the key attorney for the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund in a case involving the 1999 arrests of 10% of the black population of Tulia, Texas. The arrests did not produce drugs or money, causing prosecutors and civil rights groups to denounce the bust as racial profiling. The undercover agent who conducted the bust was indicted for perjury; most of the 46 arrestees were pardoned by Texas Gov. Rick Perry last year. The character that Berry plays is not African American but Indian.

From Invisible Woman: *sigh* I can't even start with the Indian stuff. Let me focus instead on the fact that Hollywood continues to give this woman dramatic role after dramatic role, which is clearly not her forte. For every "Monster's Ball" (which I wish to the core Angela Bassett wouldn't have turned down) there is a "Catwoman", a "Rich Man's Wife", a "Perfect Stranger", a "Gothika", and a "Swordfish".

Not one of my faves, to be sure. I think we can all agree that she is great to look at, practically flawless, but as an actress, well, there is a lot that I could say but won't, as I don't even feel like taking the time. I think it was Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman or maybe even Robert DeNiro who said acting is "all in the eyes". It doesn't matter, cause all of those guys have it in the eyes, no question. When I look in Halle's eyes, all I can see is swirling sandstorms.