I Tried To Stay Out Of It (Part 4)


An Open Letter To Vivica Fox


Dear Aunt Viv (as the gossip blogs call you):

Don't get the wrong idea....I have absolutely nothing against you. I think it's very brave that you go out and do your thing, from producing your myriad of straight to DVD movies, to Quentin Tarantino, to "Dancing With The Stars", to "Curb Your Enthusiasm", to dancing practically nekkid at some bootleg award show behind...ummm...I think it was Mobb Deep, to walking every red carpet in the United States, to celebrity "Family Feud"---you are there---with a beautiful, radiant smile on your face. I admire you for that.

But lately things have been going on that are quite alarming. I shouldn't say lately, cause it kinda started with the rumor that you climbed 50 Pennies home estate wall in Connecticut, was caught, then arrested....all while he wasn't even there and out of town. I let that one go cause I know people can be unkind and like to start rumors.

But then you started showing up around town with the unflattering balding hairlines at places like The Ivy for crissakes, the papparazzi haven of the new world. Couldn't you at least go to a drive-thru if you are hungry, or at least wear a hat?

The "Dancing With The Stars" thing was very thin ice, but I let that one go too, cause you seem very nice and were very gung-ho about it.

But this latest debacle with the sex tape thing? Uhh, not good.

I don't believe for a second that you purposely put that out to get publicity as some suggest...I really don't think you're that starved for attention (at least I hope not). And I really don't know if it's even you, it's hard to tell. And if it is you, everyone has been in a compromising situation or two.

But that's kinda my point---it's time for the public shenanigans to stop, Viv. Hire a driver so you don't go through the public humilation of a DUI. Have your girls (or even your gay boys, I know you know Norwood) around you to keep you from going home with random strangers and low budget 20-somethings. Maybe get a new agent or manager to help make better choices that will make people respect you as an actress and Black Queen. Maybe just start working behind the camera and building a stable empire like Salma Hayak, and only act once in a blue moon. I'm just sayin'.

When women get to a "certain age", it is time to not be placed in a position of public fodder and speculation. It's undignified. If that's how you want to roll, that's great, I understand, but keep it behind closed doors, kay? You might want to give Jack Nicholson a call and get a few tips.

Oh, and the Forever 21 sweatsuits? Let those go too.


I say this with love,


Invisible Woman