Hello There...



Aaannnndd we're back! haha

Missed you guys.

I now know I'm hopelessly addicted to the blogosphere, no point in denying it. It's only been a few days and it seems like weeks!

My posting is still gonna be a bit spotty this week due to my move....bear with me. And thanks so very, very, much for the well wishes and comments about my laptop....at least I know you notice if I'm not around, cause I sure notice when you're not :-)

Anyhoo, some interesting things have happened---I'll give you a couple of coming attraction updates and dedicate the rest of the day to Carl Gilliard as promised a few days ago.


I was saying a few times recently that I wished more of our historical heroes would be portrayed on screen. It looks like that is happening a bit here and there....this one very much peaked my interest:

Jeffrey Wright has been tapped to play Muddy Waters in "Cadillac Records," a musical biopic that follows the turbulent lives of such bluesmen as Muddy Waters, Little Walter, and Howlin' Wolf in 1950s Chicago. Adrien Brody will replay Matt Dillon (who dropped out due to scheduling conflicts) as Chess Records founder Leonard Chess. btn


From IW: Jeffery Wright in this will be off the hook, if he loosens up just a bit. I also think Adrian Brody is infinitely more interesting for this than Matt Dillon.

By the way....the following had the headline "Back By Popular Demand" (??!!). Hhmmmmm......somethin' in the milk ain't clean:

Kim Wayans' ("In Living Color," "Juwanna Mann") one-woman show, "A Handsome Woman Retreats" returns January 25th playing Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00pm through February 23rd at the 2100 Square Feet Theatre in the Miracle Mile area of Los Angeles.


From IW: Alrighty then.


And finally, from Robert Townsend, who I think almost all of us have love for:

The Pan African Film & Arts Festival (PAFF) will host the world premiere of director Robert Townsend's "Of Boys and Men" starring Robert Townsend, Angela Bassett, Victoria Rowell, Dante Boens with Faizon Love, Vince Green, and Bobb'e J. Thompson. The premiere will take place on February 13th as part of the PAFF's Centerpiece program.


From IW: Yamo be there.