No Angels Crying Here, But Maybe Hell Has Frozen Over...

Don't have much to report, but I did see "Soul Men" last night....I don't know if it was the company, or the 2 Chambord martinis, but I actually enjoyed it! (sorry, Sergio). It was like pretty much all of Malcolm Lee's films; I go in braced for the worst, and come out thinking : "That wasn't so bad after all".

Of course, that is not exactly a resounding endorsement, but I am a pretty harsh critic sometimes, so I know a great amount of the readers here will have a lot a fun with it, as they are probably less judgemental. I actually laughed out loud a few times, and Samuel Jackson's yelling wasn't all that loud, or annoying, for once (that in and of itself is worth seeing). It was also good to see that John Legend must have a huge sense of humor, and I'm starting to think Sharon Leal might have a big career in front of her. I expected to see more of Isaac Hayes, but oh well.

I say see it with minimal expectations, and you'll have a good time. Or make it an absolute definite rent.

In response to reader/blogger Paula D.'s funny comment about why folks haven't gone to see this movie:

"Girl......you know that Soul Men is the number 1 bootleg on the streets.....lol!"


I will quote Undercover Black Man:

"Whenever you buy a bootleg DVD, an angel weeps." :^(






will answer your comments from the past couple of days later today folkses.......