The Envelope Please....


Hello all...I apologize about not posting the top 10 black films yesterday....there's something in the country air that makes a city gal lazy, and I was there 100% yesterday, sorry!

Anyhoo, I appreciate the votes and what everyone had to say. I love seeing what people think is good, or great, and I love the comments about why. Some voted for "Roots" which isn't a film, but if it were, surely would have won. Tony is an obvious Denzel Washington worshiper (:-) ), cazualc seems to love "Claudine" a much as I do, and Purple Zoe brought up a film called "Afropunk", that I haven't seen but plan to now.

There were votes for some films that I've never been a big fan of; "Hav Plenty" and "The Best Man" for example, and some that I admire that didn't make the cut: "Glory", "Deep Cover", and "Eve's Bayou", for starters.

There were some votes for some African films, which in my opinion, don't get enough notoriety. I will start blogging about them here. Here is the top 10 list in order, starting with #1:

1) The Color Purple (by far the favorite)


8) Coming To America (surprising for me)


10)

I didn't post #10, because there are so many that tied for this position. I hope you don't mind if I ask you to vote one last time for just one of these films. Then I can have the true top 10 list. The movies that tied for tenth place are:

Boyz N' The Hood

Menace 2 Society

Raisin In The Sun (1961)

Claudine

School Daze

Sparkle

A hard choice for some, I know. Please let me know what your favorite (or what you thought was the most well made) film out of these is in the comments section....cheers!