Saturday Morning Crush.....













In keeping with my pact with Purple Zoe, we decided to go high school groupie style and talk about our celebrity crushes...I have a few, but seeing that this is a Black Cinema blog, I'll keep it focused on that area...

As I've said in an earlier post, one thing that turns me off about mainstream Hollywood is the lack of "manly men" and what seems to be a current infatuation with using small, boyish, effeminate looking leads. Black Hollywood fortunately, imo, doesn't have that problem, and I think that contributes to our invisibility at the box office....here are a few I think are of note (at least of serious note to me!)

As you can see, I'm an equal opportunity blogger....it's not always about looks; manliness means alot. Thank goodness Common is now an actor...quite honestly this post could have been all about him alone, haha. I know that putting Denzel on the list is generic, but in my defense I was very much on the late train with him...just crushing in the past two years. I appreciate the strength and intelligence he brings to his roles...

Anyhoo-I'm in L.A. until Wednesday. If I see any of my husbands I'll let you know. To see Purple Zoe's crushes, click here; it should be up sometime today.
(as a side note, blessings to Ving Rhames, I hope he works his current situation out; it's very tragic)