Pro-Noosers Not Welcome Here....


I noticed an interesting surge of traffic today after arriving home from the American Black Film Festival. After investigating, I saw a lot of it came from a site called kottke.org, which in and of itself is a noteworthy blog. It was a simple round-up of hyperlinks, that looked exactly like this:

Wes Anderson is racist.

Dr. James Watson is racist.


The fashion industry is racist. Halle Berry is racist.


Indie rock is racist.

Global warming is racist.

Martin Amis is racist.

Iggy Pop is racist.

Pixar is racist.

Michael Bay is racist.

Oct 25, 2007 • tags: racism

As simple as that, not even a post title. For some reason, my blog received the last tag for my post "Racism and Robots", which was a repost of a review of "Transformers" that The Angry Black Woman reposted from somebody else. I was like third in line, and the editor of the other blog I contribute to "Bonez", reposted it in his own words after me.

Even tho I didn't write the review, nor have I seen the film (and don't plan to) I thought it was a thoughtful perspective of one movie-goer's experience. While this kottke post did bring a string of folks to check out my blog, it also brought some that I have no interest in having here.

Let me make this perfectly clear: I have a community here of thoughtful, intelligent, and curious folks, that even if they don't agree with an opinion, they are respectful in their disagreement and usually give a reason why. What I love is that I don't have sniveling, cowardly "anonymous" posters that have something fucked up to say but are too fucked up themselves to reveal their identity. If you believe in what you say, why hide in your faceless indentity while saying it? You know why? Cause inside, you know it's a fucked up thing to think and say too.

While I welcome other's opinions, even if I don't agree with them, if you are pro-noose, anti-diversity, and believe that certain factions of society have no right to be here, this is absolutely NOT the place for you to hang out. And certainly not the place for you to leave your most unwanted "anonymous" hateful comments. There are lots of places for you to go, and you are not welcome here.

I find it interesting that the pictures of my anti-noose post of Emmitt Till are suddenly "missing" and the only pictures on my blog that are. To my regular readers, you are appreciated more than you know.