Don't Mean To Be A Debbie Downer But....


I was talking to one of my friends yesterday who told me that they had a bootleg copy of "American Gangster". It was strange, I actually felt my heart drop.

I have never been one to scream anti-piracy or "don't break the law".....I feel most studios make a gang of over-inflated dough, and I am certainly no angel myself. My thing is live and let live, unless there are serious disrespect issues.

Someone even sent me an email (albeit a kinda crazy one) pleading that I blog something about the piracy of American Gangster...I was still unmoved. I know that people can't always afford the movies, can't get a sitter, and if they're like me, really don't like going to the theater (too cold, people flappin' the lips, etc.)

I saw a screener of the movie that someone who worked on the film had, so I got lucky....I really don't know why I want this film to do well, but I do.....I think it's because Denzel is the closest thing we have to a Sidney Poitier in this generation--and he keeps us looking dignified and intelligent at all times.

I don't wanna preach, but if this time you can support this instead of the corner bootleg man...especially since I think it's awfully damned suspicious that a pristine copy was made available....."something in the milk ain't clean" as the kids say.


For more suspicious activity as of late, check out the shenanigans that happened with Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married" here (make sure to scroll down). Unclean milk indeed.